University of West Georgia
The University of West Georgia (UWG) - a four-year institution - invites you to Go West and experience an intellectually stimulating and supportive community!
UWG provides a variety of undergraduate and graduate degrees both off- and online, bringing quality public higher education to the people of west Georgia and beyond! The University is also committed to regional outreach through a collaborative network of external degree centers, course offerings at off-campus sites, and an extensive program of continuing education for personal and professional development. Opportunities for intellectual and personal development are provided through quality teaching, scholarly inquiry, creative endeavor, and service for the public good.
We educate students in a range of disciplinary, interdisciplinary, and professional programs at the baccalaureate, graduate and educational specialist’s levels. No matter what field of study you’re interested in, UWG can welcome you home.
Here’s what we have to offer:
- 86 programs of study, including 43 bachelor’s, 29 master’s and specialist degrees, 4 doctorates, 8 post-baccalaureate certifications, 2 post-master’s certifications, as well as one of Georgia’s few Honors Colleges.
- New, world-class student amenities such as an athletic complex and stadium, Greek Village, coliseum, and student center on a sprawling 645-acre campus in beautiful Carrollton, Ga.
- Our online program was ranked among the top in the nation by U.S. News & World Report for the past several years, with special recognition given to our WebMBA and our online graduate computer information technology program. UWG’s online graduate nursing program, online graduate education program and online bachelor’s program in criminology also received high marks.
- 20 degrees that you can earn 100% online, with more than 250 online courses each semester. We are also the University System of Georgia administrator for the statewide collaborative eCore program, which allows students to complete their first two years of college online.
- Numerous courses and degree programs at alternate campus locations, including the Atlanta History Center, UWG Newnan, and UWG Douglasville.
- A bustling campus and online community of more than 12,000 students, including an active international student population from more than 40 countries.
- Gifted high-school-age students can earn high school and college credit through the Advanced Academy of Georgia, one of only 15 U.S. residential college-early-entrance programs in the United States. The Advanced Academy is also one of only 11 programs that are officially listed in the National Consortium of Early College Entry Programs.
- UWG has been named a Best Southeastern College by the Princeton Review for six years in a row and has been named one of America’s Best Value Colleges three times.
The University of West Georgia is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award baccalaureate, master, educational specialist and doctoral degrees. Contact the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of the University of West Georgia.
Please note: The purpose of publishing the Commission’s contact information is to enable interested constituents to learn about the accreditation status of the institution, file a third-party comment at the time of the institution’s decennial review, or file a complaint against the institution for alleged non-compliance with a standard or requirements. However, inquiries about UWG, such as admission requirements, financial aid, education programs, etc., should be addressed directly with UWG - not via the Commission’s office.
For questions about this process, please contact:
Cathi Jenks, Associate Vice President for Institutional Effectiveness and Assessment and SACSCOC Liaison: firstname.lastname@example.org