Clayton State University
Clayton State University – a four-year institution – cultivates an environment of engaged, experience-based learning, enriched by active community service, that prepares students of diverse ages and backgrounds to succeed in their lives and careers. By creating an educational experience that stimulates intellectual curiosity and critical thinking, fosters learning and innovative teaching methods, and provides an inviting and supportive campus, Clayton State University excels in preparing students from many walks of life to meet the challenges of living and working in a dynamic, global society.
- The university enrolls more than 7,000 students from over 34 states and 32 countries, who seek personalized attention, small class sizes, outstanding faculty, career preparation, and vibrant campus life.
- Students can choose from 35 undergraduate degrees, 8 graduate degrees, and four associate degrees offered in the College of Arts and Sciences, Business, Health, or Information and Mathematical Sciences.
- Clayton State had an economic impact of more than $274 million during FY 2017.
Clayton State University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, baccalaureate, and masters degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Clayton State University. Direct all other queries about programs, services, or admissions directly to Clayton State University, 678-466-4000.
There is a three-fold purpose for publishing the address and contact number of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is done to enable interested constituents:
- To learn about the accreditation status of Clayton State University;
- To file a third-party comment at the time of Clayton State University's decennial review; or
- To file a third-party complaint against Clayton State University for alleged non-compliance with a standard or requirement of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
As indicated above, normal inquiries about Clayton State University (such as admission requirements, financial aid, educational programs, etc.) should be directed to Clayton State University, not to the Commission's office.
The Office of Assessment is administratively responsible for matters pertaining to Clayton State's accreditation, including the reaffirmation process. Please use the links on the right to located documents and resources related to accreditation and assessment.
The AACSB Accreditation is an internationally-recognized distinction among business schools around the world that pursue excellence and continuous academic improvement of their business programs. AACSB Accreditation is held by just five percent of schools worldwide.