Master of Science with a Major in Sport Management (MS SPMG)
Many of the careers in sport management, particularly those in intercollegiate athletics and sport analytics, require a master’s degree. A master’s in sport management with an option of an Intercollegiate Athletic Management or Sport Analytics concentration fills a current gap in educational offerings for students pursuing advanced degrees in the discipline. The interdisciplinary nature of sport management makes it possible to support students from multiple academic backgrounds who wish to advance their careers in the sport industry. The program supports students who achieved an undergraduate degree in sport management that want to further their education beyond the general curriculum and pursue a specific focus more relevant to their sector of sport. Likewise, the program supports students who do not have an undergraduate degree in sport management but are looking to extend their knowledge to advance their careers in the sport industry.
All graduate applicants must:
- Complete the online Grad Application. A one-time application fee of $40 is required.
- Submit official transcripts from all institutions attended
- Have an undergraduate GPA of 2.7 or higher
- Submit a statement of Purpose
- Submit a resume/CV
- Submit two letters of recommendation (i.e. employer, faculty member)
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges