Master of Education with a Major in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Education
The M.Ed. program in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) education will help teachers develop science, mathematical and digital literacies and equip them with the tools to teach their students. This transdisciplinary program integrates knowledge and skills from various STEM disciplines so that teachers and their students can benefit from a well-rounded and holistic approach to STEM education. This online program provides teachers with an opportunity to expand their STEM content knowledge and implement standards-based curricula at the middle and secondary school levels. In addition to obtaining the degree, certification and embedded STEM endorsement, teachers will be exposed to content that embraces justice, equity and identity in STEM education.
When applying to the Science Education (online program), M.Ed. program, you will need to submit several documents for review.
- Online Application
- Application Fee of $50
- Goals Statement (upload with the application)
- Resume (upload with the application)
- Proof that you meet certification requirements in Science Education in Georgia
- Two Letters of Recommendation (identify your recommenders on the application)
- Official Transcript: minimum 2.5 undergraduate GPA required for admission
- Submit transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
IMPORTANT: Georgia State University is not authorized to deliver online academic programs to out-of-state students residing in Kentucky and Massachusetts. If you reside in one of these states, you may consider attending classes on-site.