Master of Education in Reading Education
The Master's Program (Med.), combines theory into practice and prepares you for the fast changing world of literacy peperation at all levels, Pk-12. After successful completion of the master's degree and earning a passing score on the GACE Reading Content Assessment, you will qualify for certification to teach reading/literacy in grades pk-12 and provide instructional support for teaching reading/literacy to classroom teachers and paraprofessionals.
Earn a degree at one of the most dynamic master’s programs in Reading Education!
"M.Ed. Regular Admission Requirements
- Complete requirements for a Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Possess a valid, level four or higher, Professional, Advanced Professional, or Lead Professional teaching certificate, leadership certificate, service certificate, or Life certificate.
- Have at least three years teaching experience.
- Present a cumulative 2.50 (4.0 scale) grade point average or higher on all undergraduate and graduate work combined.
- Submit a personal statement of purpose, not to exceed 200 words, that identifies the applicant’s reasons for pursuing graduate study and how admission into the program relates to the applicant’s professional aspirations.
- Complete “Disclosure and Affirmation questions” that address misconduct disclosure, criminal background check, the Code of Ethics for Educators, and tort liability insurance. Applicants may be approved for provisional admission based on the quality of the admissions material presented. Provisional students must earn grades of “B” or higher in their first nine (9) credit hours of coursework after admission and meet any other stipulations outlined by the department to be converted to regular status. *International transcripts must be evaluated by NACES accredited evaluation service (www.naces.org)"