Post-Masters Certificate in Teacher Leadership
The Teacher Leadership Certification Program/Teacher Leadership Certification-Only is designed to prepare and develop the capacity for teachers to serve in various teacher leadership roles (i.e. instructional coaching, chairing academic departments, providing professional learning opportunities, building a school culture of continuous improvement, and becoming change agents).
This 18-hour GaPSC certification program will enable experienced teachers, who have a graduate degree in a discipline other than Teacher Leadership, to plan and lead professional development; mentor and coach other teachers; align curriculum, instruction, and assessment; model best teaching practices; analyze data, and collaborate with all stakeholders to improve student learning.
Successful completion of the courses listed in the certification-only program will make students eligible for a S-5 Service Certificate in Teacher Leadership from the Georgia Professional Standards Commission (GaPSC).
- Level (4) professional educator certificate in Georgia/ equivalent in other state
- Master’s degree in a discipline other than Teacher Leadership
- At least three years of teaching experience
- Employment - Candidates are required to by be employed as teachers or administrators in a traditional public school district, a charter school district, a charter school, or an independent school. By PSC regulation, candidates must be referred for admissions by their respective schools/districts, and Kennesaw State University must hold a Performance-Based partnership with the referring district. For a list of partners, click here.
- Two Professional Recommendations - Please use the online recommendation system to have your recommendation form sent electronically from sources that can address your success in teaching, ability for success in graduate study, and commitment to learners. You may also find a paper copy of the evaluation form here.
- Mentor Form - This program requires that you have a qualified mentor who meets the GaPSC Mentor requirements at each phase in your program. You can find the mentor requirements and form with instructions on the Graduate Admissions website for this program.
- Resume or Professional Vitae - Resume MUST reflect at least Three years of professional teaching or administrative experience prior to admission consideration.
- Interview - An interview may be required. If so, you will be contacted by the program to set up an interview.
Georgia Professional Standards Commission