Information Technology, MSIT
The Master of Science in Information Technology (MSIT) program is designed to enhance career options in the management, performance, and integration of information technology systems for current and future IT professionals. With several focus areas such as IT security, Data Management and Analytics, Enterprise IT Management and Health IT, the MSIT program prepares graduates to transition into IT careers as well as to pursue IT leadership positions in the industry.
- Meet all KSU Graduate College Admission Requirements.
- Resumé/Vita required.
- Statement of purpose.
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited university.
- Minimum undergraduate degree GPA 2.75. Lower GPA is considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Two letters of recommendation- Optional but strongly recommended
A Streamlined Admission Process
The MSIT program offers a streamlined admission process to students who meet following criteria:
- Are a current Kennesaw State University student majoring in a CCSE Bachelor degree program.
- Have an active petition to graduate
- Have an institutional GPA of 3.5 (or higher) in that major upon graduation
Students who have the above qualifications will not be required to submit secondary documentation that includes a resumé or vita, statement of purpose, or letters of recommendation.
Admission Criteria for Unique Cases
A student with an insufficient computing background may be required to take up to four of following IT foundation courses.
- IT 5413 - Software Design and Development
- IT 5423 - Computer Networks and System Administration
- IT 5433 - Databases: Design and Applications
- IT 5443 - Web Technologies and Application Development
This decision will be made based on applicant’s prior academic records and will be written in the admission letter.
Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology