Software Engineering, MSSWE
The Master of Science in Software Engineering (MSSWE) prepares students to design and build high-quality software and exposes them to real-world strategies and procedures that will give them a competitive edge in the market. Moreover, given its flexibility, it allows students to customize their path according to their career goals.
The MSSWE assumes that students have a significant background in computing. It both deepens and broadens their knowledge of computing, and prepares them for positions of more responsibility in the computing industry, as well as for further postgraduate studies.
Students who are interested in the program but do not have the required prerequisite knowledge will be asked to take SWE foundations certificate to transition into the computing field.
The following are requirements beyond the general KSU Graduate Admissions requirements:
- Resume/Vita required.
- Statement of purpose.
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited university.
- Minimum undergraduate degree GPA 2.75. Lower GPA is considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Two letter of recommendation- Optional but strongly recommended.
Streamlined Admission Requirements
Students who meet the following qualifications are eligible for a streamlined application process. To qualify students must:
- Be a current Kennesaw State University Student majoring in the College of Computing and Software Engineering’s undergraduate programs.
- Have an active petition to graduate in that major.
- Have a 3.5 GPA or higher upon graduation and the recommendation of the undergraduate coordinator
Students who meet this criteria will not be required to take the GRE nor submit secondary documentation that includes a resume or vita, statement of purpose, or letters of recomendation. Students who wish to apply for admission into a different major may be required to take additional course work. Please contact the program coordinator of that program.
Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology