Leadership and Nursing, MSN
The Leadership in Nursing Graduate Program provides an MSN in two tracks - 1) Nursing Education in a Digital World or 2) Nursing Administration and Transformational Leadership. The advanced degree tracks build on the background of experienced registered nurses to prepare them to function in a variety of leadership roles in complex healthcare systems.
Nursing Education in a Digital world focuses on- The MSN Nursing Education Leadership in a Digital World track prepares the professional registered nurse to practice in a variety of leadership positions in the ever-changing world of nursing education whether in health care or academic environments. Grounded in nursing education practice and guided by healthcare and education theory and research, the graduate will demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide leadership in a nursing education setting. The program emphasizes experiential learning in teaching through three practicum courses along with developing technology proficiencies, such as use of simulation, to maximize educational outcomes for students, patients, or nursing staff.
Nursing Administration and Transformational Leadership develops knowledge and skills in collaborative practice grounded in current evidence in leadership, healthcare economics, and policy development. Housed in the WellStar College of Health and Human Services, the Leadership in Nursing MSN programs maintain close community ties with a variety of health care agencies and providers.
Level of Online Program Delivery
100% Online, No Attendance Requirements
- Online Graduate Admissions Application - There is a non-refundable $60 application fee.
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing from a nationally accredited institution with a satisfactory GPA of at least 3.0.
- Transcripts - Official transcripts from EACH College and/or University you have attended. These must be in a sealed envelope from the institution or sent electronically from the institution directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Statement of Personal Goals - This can be uploaded into the online application. It should not exceed one page.
- Current unencumbered RN licensure in the state of Georgia (Education Track) or state in which practice is planned for Nursing Administration Track (submit copy).
- Two Letters of Recommendation - These can be sent electronically through the online application.
- Undergraduate research course.
Area of Study
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education