Teacher Leadership, Ed.D.
The Teacher Leadership Program prepares educators to lead their colleagues as teachers. Graduates of the program will be able to earn a Service (S) certificate in Teacher Leadership. Coursework includes graduate semester hours in advanced topics such as assessment, professional development, coaching, curriculum, leadership, and data-driven instruction. Candidates also participate in a residency, which provides significant opportunities for candidates to synthesize and apply the knowledge and practice to develop the skills identified in the Georgia Teacher Leadership Standards 1-7 through substantial, sustained, standards-based work in authentic, embedded settings, planned and guided cooperatively by the program provider and school district personnel.
Please review the general KSU Graduate Admissions requirements.
- Transcripts - Official transcripts from EACH College and/or University you have attended. Must be in a sealed envelope from the institution or sent electronically from the institution directly to email@example.com.
- Clear Renewable Georgia Teaching Certificate
- Personal Reflections Statement - Can be uploaded into the online application. Should be 1-2 pages and address your professional training and interest, educational beliefs, professional goals, and why you seek to pursue your degree at KSU.
- Employment - Candidates are required to by be employed as teachers or administrators in a traditional public school district, a charter school district, a charter school, or an independent school. By PSC regulation, candidates must be referred for admissions by their respective schools/districts, and Kennesaw State University must hold a Performance-Based partnership with the referring district.
- Mentor Form - This program requires that you have a qualified mentor who meets the GaPSC Mentor requirements at each phase in your program. You can find the mentor requirements and form with instructions on the Graduate Admissions website for this program.
- Resume or Professional Vitae - Can be uploaded into the online application. Should document your education, years of teaching experience, current school and district, volunteer and service activities in which you have participated, and any leadership involvement. Resume MUST reflect at least THREE years of professional teaching or administrative experience prior to admission consideration.
- Interview - An interview may be required. If so, you will be contacted by the program to set up an interview.
Georgia Professional Standards Commission