Criminal Justice, MS
Kennesaw State University
Degree Level Masters
Total Credit Hours 36
Per Credit Hour Cost $383.00
The Master of Science with a major in Criminal Justice (MSCJ) is an ideal program for traditional students who aspire to pursue their academic goals and for professionals in the field of criminal justice who want to advance their knowledge and skills for career enhancement. The program includes face-to-face and some online course instructional formats. The program requires either 33 semester credit hours, including six core courses and three elective courses (thesis option), or 36 semester credit hours, including six core courses, five elective courses, and a demonstration project course (non-thesis option).
- Online KSU Graduate Application - There is a non-refundable $60 application fee.
- Transcripts - Official transcripts from each College and/or University you have attended. Must be in a sealed envelope from the institution or sent electronically from the institution directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Application Letter (can be uploaded to the online application ) - Should state your interest in and goals for the MS in Criminal Justice program, including reasons for why/how this program will meet your professional or academic needs (Note: If the applicant has a record of work experience in the criminal justice field, the applicant should explain in the letter the type and length of the experience, his or her work-related promotions and achievements, and skills/ knowledge acquired.)
- Resume - can be uploaded to the online application.
- Letters of Recommendation (Two) (Can be sent electronically through the online application). Notes: Letters should be from academics/ former professors. One letter could be from a work supervisor if the applicant has numerous years of work experience in the criminal justice field.
- GRE Score Report - Request that your scores be sent electronically to KSU (school code 5359). No department code is necessary.
***Important Note***: GRE Score Report NOT needed if applicant has one of the following other records of external validation: (1) Record of successful academic performance such as undergraduate GPA of 3.25 or above; *OR* (2) Demonstrated record of successful work experience in the criminal justice field for a period of four (4) or more years. [Note: For examples of qualifying types of work experience, see “Admissions Criteria” document on MSCJ Resources page.
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges