K-5 Mathematics Endorsement
The 15-hour online kindergarten through 5th grade mathematics endorsement program prepares you to hold the Georgia Professional Standards Commission endorsement and may qualify you for salary incentives in your district when available. The courses will develop your pedagogical content knowledge, mindset and instructional capabilities as an effective and equitable elementary mathematics teacher.
You will take four courses that focus on the key domain of elementary mathematics and one course that serves a field placement where you will apply in your classroom the concepts covered with supportive feedback. All required courses are completed online. The K-5 mathematics endorsement can be completed as a stand-alone program or embedded in a graduate degree such as an M.Ed., Ed.D. or Ph.D.
You must hold a clear, renewable teaching certificate, level 4 or higher in one of the following areas: early childhood education, middle grades – mathematics or special education general curriculum/early childhood education. One year of teaching experience is required.
When applying to the K-5 Mathematics Endorsement, Non-Degree program, you will need to submit several documents for review.
- Online application
- Application fee of $50
- Goals statement (upload with the application – indicate school name and grade level you teach)
- Resume (upload with the application)
- Letter of recommendation (upload with the application – recommender must be school principal)
- Must have a minimum of three years of teaching experience and hold a master's degree in field
- Proof that you meet certification requirements in Georgia in Early Childhood and Elementary Education (upload teaching certificate to application)
- Unofficial copy of test score demonstrating content knowledge in mathematics, which can be from the GACE/Praxis, GRE, SAT, ACT or another source (upload with application)
- Official Transcript(s): minimum 3.0 graduate GPA or a master’s degree required for admission consideration; must provide proof of bachelors degree and masters degree
Submit official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended either electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mailing directly to:
Georgia State University
Office of Graduate Admissions
P.O. Box 4018 Atlanta, GA 30302