Post-MSN Certificate - Adult-Gerontological Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
For the AG PCNP Certificate program you must have a MSN or higher degree AND currently hold national certification in one of the following advance practice registered nurse (APRN) specialties:
- Adult/Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AG ACNP)
- Adult Nurse Practitioner (ANP)
- Adult/Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (AG PCNP)
- Certified Nurse-Midwife (CNM)
- Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA)
- Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS)
- Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP)
- Geriatric Nurse Practitioner (GNP)
- Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (PNP)
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP)
- Women’s Health Care Nurse Practitioner (WHCNP)
Upon completing the AG PCNP Certificate curriculum, you will be fully prepared for educational eligibility for certification in your given area of study.
Professional License Disclosure
The School of Nursing anticipates that graduates of this program will seek the following professional state licenses or certifications: Certification as an APRN (Family Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner, Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner [depending on which program they completed]) and licensure as an APRN.
For required disclosures on whether this program satisfies the license requirements of all states and territories for APRN license visit the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (www.ncsbn.org).
The School of Nursing has determined that the required classes and educational activities of this online academic program will qualify a graduate of this program to take the exam for certification as an APRN in Georgia and other states as listed on the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (www.ncsbn.org).
For all Online Programs
Federal Law requires colleges and universities to make certain disclosures to prospective students of these programs. These disclosure include information on the University’s authority to operate outside of Georgia, complaint processes, adverse actions, and refunds.
For required disclosures in general with regard to online programs offered by the University, visit the Office of Legal Affairs website.
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) from a college accredited by the appropriate accrediting association (i.e., NLN or CCNE) with a minimum GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale).
- Undergraduate introductory course in statistics with grade of C or better
- Undergraduate health appraisal/physical assessment course with grade of C or better
- The MAT or GRE is not required for admission.
- Submission/completion of all of the following materials:
- Complete College of Graduate Studies online application with payment of required fee.
- Georgia Southern University Health Services Form
- Three letters of recommendation. Forms in the online application are acceptable, or you can attach 3 recommendation letters to the application.
- Proof of American Heart Association Level C (2 person-BLS) CPR certification.
- Proof of Georgia RN licensure (write COPY) over any replication of license submitted.
- Resume or CV with work history
- One year of full-time registered nurse (RN) clinical nursing experience before the start of Advanced Health Assessment.
Applicants will be pooled for admission consideration. Interviews with individuals under consideration may be conducted prior to admission.
Prerequisite work experience is also considered as the Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Certificate requires a minimum of one year of critical care RN work experience within the last three years.
- Nursing Student Health forms
- Proof of current RN malpractice liability insurance (policy cover page) with name, dates of coverage and amount (1 million incident/3 million aggregate)
- Proof of “Student NP” malpractice insurance before entering ANY clinical NP courses that require clinical hours or involves direct patient care.
- NP students will be required to complete all clinical practicums with a qualified preceptor within 250 miles of Georgia Southern University Statesboro Campus in the state of Georgia. NP students must be proactive and secure preceptors for the clinical practicums.
All admission application materials must be received by March 1 for admission consideration to the fall cohort. Students who are admitted to the Post-MSN Certificate program will be provided with an individualized year-round program of study upon acceptance.
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education