English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) Education Endorsement
The English to Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) Endorsement program will prepare you to teach English to speakers of other languages in grades P-12. The program is a three-course teacher preparation sequence that can be added on to a Georgia Teacher Certification in another area, for example Elementary Education or Secondary Physics. The endorsement is offered at the graduate level online.
Students seeking to fulfill requirements for this endorsement must complete and submit a College of Education endorsement application through the Graduate Admissions Office. Both new students and students currently enrolled must complete an admission application to earn the endorsement.
- Completed requirements for a Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Possess a renewable Georgia level four Induction certificate or higher. Certification must be in one of the following: Elementary Education, Middle Grades Education, Secondary Education, and Special Education.
- Present a cumulative 3.0 (4.0 scale) grade point average or higher on all undergraduate and graduate work combined.
- Submit a personal statement of purpose, not to exceed 200 words, that identifies the applicant’s reasons for pursuing a Gifted In-field Endorsement.
- Submit a completed “Disclosure and Affirmation Form” that addresses misconduct disclosure, the Code of Ethics for Educators, and tort liability insurance.
*International transcripts must be evaluated by a NACES accredited evaluation service and must be a course by course evaluation and include a GPA. (naces.org)