Endorsement - Reading
The Reading Endorsement online program prepares you to teach reading at the grade levels of your certification. The program is approved by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission (PSC).
Students seeking to fulfill requirements for this endorsement must complete an admission application through the Graduate Admissions Office. Both new students and students currently enrolled must complete an admission application to earn the endorsement. Students must also submit a personal statement of purpose, not to exceed 200 words, that identifies the applicant’s reasons for pursuing graduate study and how admission into the program relates to the applicant’s professional aspirations.
NOTE: Official report of scores on the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) or the verbal, quantitative and analytical writing sections of the Graduate Records Exam (GRE) are not needed for admission to the endorsement program only. The scores are required for admission to a degree program.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Possess a valid, level four or higher Induction, Professional, Advanced Professional, or Lead Professional teaching certificate.
- Complete 9 semester hours of prescribed coursework.
- READ 7131 – Approaches to Literacy Instruction (3)
- READ 7132 – Literacy Assessment and Correction (3)
- READ 7330 – Literacy in Content Areas (3)
- Complete Disclosure and Affirmation questions that address misconduct disclosure, criminal background check, the Code of Ethics for Educators, and tort liability insurance.
*International transcripts must be evaluated by a NACES-accredited evaluation service and must be a course-by-course evaluation and include a GPA. (naces.org)
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
Council for Accreditation of Educator Preparation