Endorsement - Positive Behavior Intervention and Supports Endorsement
This program will provide educators with deep and broad knowledge of content, pedagogy, assessment, and implementation science related to Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS). The PBIS standards used in this program will prepare educators and educator candidates who wish to effectively integrate PBIS into their own field-based practice and to assist other educators in utilizing PBIS for the improvement of the climate and culture of districts, schools, and classrooms.
The program of study consists of three courses which may be taken as electives in the M.Ed. Curriculum and Instruction Accomplished Teaching program.
- PBIS 8130- Administration in Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports
- PBIS 8131-Critical Issues in Positive Behavior and Supports
- PBIS 8839-Data Methods in Positive Behavior Intervention and Support
Please note: APBS membership is required for access to journals used in all three courses in this program. APBS membership information may be found on the Association for Positive Behavior Supports website.
- Complete the requirements for a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Possess a valid, level four or higher Induction, Professional, Advanced Professional, or Lead Professional teaching certificate, leadership certificate, service field certificate, or Life certificate.
- Present a 2.75 or higher GPA on all undergraduate and graduate work combined.
- GRE or MAT scores will not be required for applicants who hold a clear renewable certification in a teaching, service, or leadership field; instead, the applicants must submit passing GACE or PRAXIS scores.
Applicants may be approved for provisional admission based on the quality of the admission material presented. Provisional students must earn grades of “B” or higher through all coursework after admission and meet any other stipulations outlined by the department.
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
Council for Accreditation of Educator Preparation