Bachelor of Science in Nursing to Doctor of Nursing Practice (BSN-DNP)
The School of Nursing offers a Post-Bachelor of Science in Nursing to Doctor of Nursing Practice (Post-BSN-DNP) program with a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) exit option. Students in this program may exit with an MSN degree after the completion of specialty courses, providing national certification exam eligibility.
Four clinical tracks are offered:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) from a college accredited by the appropriate accrediting association (i.e., NLN or CCNE) with a minimum GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale).
- Undergraduate introductory course in statistics with grade of C or better
- Undergraduate health appraisal/physical assessment course with grade of C or better
- The MAT or GRE is not required for admission.
- Submission/completion of all of the following materials:
- Complete College of Graduate Studies online application with payment of required fee.
- Georgia Southern University Health Services Form
- Three letters of recommendation. Forms in the online application are acceptable, or you can attach 3 recommendation letters to the application.
- Proof of American Heart Association Level C (2 person-BLS) CPR certification.
- Proof of Georgia RN licensure (write COPY) over any replication of license submitted.
- Resume or CV with work history
- One year of full-time registered nurse (RN) clinical nursing experience before the start of Advanced Health Assessment.
- Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Track ONLY-The Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner track requires a minimum of one year of critical care RN work experience within the last three years.
Applicants will be pooled for admission consideration. Interviews with individuals under consideration may be conducted prior to admission.
- Nursing Student Health forms
- Proof of current RN malpractice liability insurance (policy cover page) with name, dates of coverage and amount (1 million incident/3 million aggregate)
- Proof of “Student NP” malpractice insurance before entering ANY clinical NP courses that require clinical hours or involves direct patient care.
- NP students will be required to complete all clinical practicums with a qualified preceptor within 250 miles of Georgia Southern University Statesboro Campus in the state of Georgia. NP students must be proactive and secure preceptors for the clinical practicums.
All admission application materials must be received by March 1 for admission consideration to the fall cohort. Students who are admitted to the Post-BSN to DNP program will be provided with an individualized year-round program of study upon acceptance.
All international applicants whose native language is not English and/or who do not have an undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university, are required to submit official TOEFL scores taken within two years immediately preceding the requested semester of admission. An official copy of the test score, sent by the testing agency to the Office of Graduate Admissions is required before any action is taken on an application. All international students must comply with all graduate school requirements. International transcripts must be evaluated by a NACES-accredited evaluation service and must be a course-by-course evaluation and include a GPA.(www.naces.org)
Students must attend an annual, mandatory graduate intensive prior to enrolling in classes.
Criminal background and/or drug testing may be requested by clinical agencies. Cost and scheduling are the student’s responsibility.
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education