Master of Education with a major in Curriculum and Instruction
Georgia College & State University offers a fully online Master of Education in Curriculum & Instruction degree. This program is 36 hours and takes four semesters to complete. The program of study consists of 6 four-credit-hour core courses and 12 hours of content courses. Content courses are also online and will be chosen in consultation with the candidate's advisor. The program is administered using a cohort model in that students all begin the program as a group in the summer and finish the next summer. Despite being a fully online program, candidates will still develop positive relationships with their professors and fellow candidates through group work and online discussion forums.
The degree program is devised to meet the professional development needs of educators in the high needs areas of student assessment, data-driven decision making, and curriculum planning for success. The MED in Curriculum and Instruction is considered a new field K-12 certification, and candidates must pass a GACE test to become certified. This degree program equips candidates as curriculum and instruction specialists and also fulfills one of the requirements to move up within Georgia's new Tiered Certification for educators
- A student must have a minimum GPA of 2.75,
- hold or be eligible for a clear renewable, level four (4) Georgia Teacher Certificate,
- submit University Admissions Form including application fee, if applicable,
- applicant must submit two professional recommendations,
- submit official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended,