Master of Education in Educational Leadership
The M.Ed in Educational Leadership addresses the Georgia Educational Leadership Standards using personalized and authentic learning experiences in the school setting. The program may be successfully completed in one academic year of three semesters, each having 12 graduate credit hours, beginning in the fall of each year. The primary candidate is a certified classroom teacher who wishes to begin a career in educational administration. All course work is available online to support the school-based learning experiences. School mentors and university professors support and facilitate the candidate's work. A residency requirement of 250 clock hours helps the candidate address experiences across all standards. Successful completion of the program, in addition to passing the Educational Leadership Assessments for the Certification of Educators (GACE), enables the candidate to be recommended for Tier I certification with the Georgia Professional Standards Commission.
- University Admissions Form
- Two professional recommendations
- Official copies of all transcripts for all colleges except Georgia College
- Documented attempt to pass the Educator Ethics for Leadership GACE Test code 370
- Documentation of completing course work for the identification and education of children with special needs. Georgia PSC educator certification is acceptable documentation.
- Minimum GPA of 2.75