English as a Second Language Endorsement
Graduate courses in bilingual/English as a second language give teachers additional training to work with non-English speaking or limited English speaking students at the early childhood, middle childhood and secondary school levels.
Successful completion of the non-degree online ESOL endorsement coursework and a portfolio qualifies a person a person to teach ESOL in pre-kindergarten through 12th grade. Students seeking only the non-degree online ESOL endorsement must be admitted to the College of Education & Human Development as a non-degree student.
When applying to the English as a Second Language Endorsement (online program), Non-Degree program, you will need to submit several documents for review.
- Online Application
- Application Fee of $50
- Goals Statement (upload with the application)
- Resume (upload with the application)
- Proof that you meet certification requirements in Georgia
- Official Transcript: minimum 2.5 undergraduate GPA or a master's degree required for admission consideration
- Submit transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
Georgia Professional Standards Commission