Endorsement - Reading
The Reading Endorsement prepares you to teach reading at the grade levels of your certification. The program is approved by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission (PSC). Students seeking to fulfill requirements for this endorsement must complete an admission application through the Graduate Admissions Office. Both new students and students currently enrolled must complete an admission application to earn the endorsement. Students must also submit a personal statement of purpose, not to exceed 200 words, that identifies the applicant's reasons for pursuing graduate study and how admission into the program relates to the applicant's professional aspirations
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Possess a valid, level four or higher Induction, Professional, Advanced Professional, or Lead Professional teaching certificate.
- Complete 9 semester hours of prescribed course work.
- READ 7131 – Approaches to Literacy Instruction (3)
- READ 7132 – Literacy Assessment and Correction (3)
- READ 7330 – Literacy in Content Areas (3)
- Complete Disclosure and Affirmation questions that address misconduct disclosure, criminal background check, the Code of Ethics for Educators, and tort liability insurance.
*International transcripts must be evaluated by a NACES accredited evaluation service and must be a course by course evaluation and include a GPA.(www.naces.org)
Georgia Professional Standards Commission