Bachelor of Science; RN-BSN Bridge Program
The East Georgia State College (EGSC) RN-BSN Bridge Program entails a total of 120 credit hours (including 60 core credit requirements hours, 30 credit hours for transferred nursing courses, and 30 credit hours for nursing courses taken at EGSC). As reflected in the Georgia RN-BSN Articulation Model, the 30 hours of transferred nursing credit will be held in escrow until students successfully complete 6.67 hours in the RN-BSN Bridge program. Successful completion of these 120 credit hours will make the RN-BSN Bridge Program student eligible for graduation with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree from EGSC.
Students seeking admission into the RN-BSN program must meet all requirements and be accepted into East Georgia State College under regular admission status with RN-BSN Bridge Program as the designated major. The student must complete an application for admission to the Nursing Department prior to the application deadline. At the time of application to the nursing program, students must meet the criteria for full and unconditional admission to the college and satisfy all admission criteria for the RN-BSN Bridge Program for which the student seeks application. Students are admitted into the RN-BSN Bridge Program based on competitive selection process and space availability.
These applicants must meet the following minimum requirements for admission to the RN-BSN program:
- Regular unrestricted admission into East Georgia State College with evaluation of ALL transcripts by the deadline. Please submit ALL previously attended colleges/universities transcripts.
- Graduation from an associate degree or diploma registered nurse program.
- Documentation of proof of valid and unrestricted Georgia registered professional nurse licensure.
- Submission of EGSC Nursing Department application by the deadline.
- Minimum 2.50 GPA and grade of ‘C’ or higher in all pre-requisite courses.
- Completion of all required core courses. **NOTE: Students may petition the nursing program director for special consideration if all core courses are not completed.
- Courses taken at other accredited institutions may be used to satisfy pre-requisite course requirements.
- Pre-check® criminal background checks are required of all students accepted into the nursing program.
- Substance (drug) screens including random screens are required of all students accepted into the nursing program. **NOTE: All screens must be completed at designated service provider only.
- Students are admitted into the RN-BSN Bridge Program based on competitive selection and space availability.
Note: The USG policy requires that students enrolled in nursing programs must have official documentation to support current Health Insurance coverage or complete a waiver if you already have your own personal Health Insurance Policy, or pay the cost of Health Insurance each semester through the EGSC Business Office. Each student will also be required to maintain Professional Nursing Liability/Malpractice Insurance throughout enrollment in the nursing program. The Professional Nursing Liability/Malpractice Insurance is purchased independently and a copy of the official policy must be submitted to the nursing department. More information on Student Health Insurance at EGSC.