Bachelor of Arts in Fire and Emergency Services Administration
The Fire and Emergency Services Administration (FESA) Bachelor's degree fully online program is designed to create a career pathway for firefighters, emergency services personnel, and others interested in public affairs management. Fire service, emergency service, disaster preparedness, and public management courses comprise the program. Certain national certifications are accepted for prior learning credit as well as courses that have been reviewed by the American Council on Education (ACE).
The specific requirements for the admission in the Baccalaureate -FESA are:
- Completed application for admission
- Certificate of immunization required prior to registration
- Application fee ($20)
- Official high school and/or college transcripts (mailed directly from sending institution) showing date of graduation and successful completion of high school testing requirements.
- Must have a 2.0 Academic Core GPA.
- Must have completed and present high school credit for the Required High School Curriculum, which entails completion of sixteen (16) specified units. Students who graduate from high school in 2012 or later must present credits for seventeen (17) specified units. Students who have not completed the RHSC cannot apply for and be admitted into any baccalaureate program at EGSC
The 16 (17 for students who graduate in 2012 or later) specified USG units are:
• MATHEMATICS: Four (4) units of Mathematics, including Algebra I, Algebra II, and Geometry. For students who graduate from a Georgia Public School in 2012 or later, the 4 units of Mathematics must include a course at the level of Math 3 or higher.
• ENGLISH: Four (4) units of English that have as their emphasis on grammar and usage, literature (American, English, World), and advanced composition skills.
• SCIENCE: Three (3) units of science, with at least one laboratory course from the life sciences and one laboratory course from the physical sciences. Students who graduate in 2012 or later must have four (4) units of science. Georgia Public High School graduates must have at least one (1) unit of biology, one (1) unit of physical science or physics, and one (1) unit of chemistry, earth systems, environmental science, or an advanced placement science course.
• SOCIAL SCIENCE: Three (3) units of social science, with at least one (1) course focusing on United States studies and one (1) course focusing on world studies.
• FOREIGN LANGUAGE: Two (2) units in the same foreign language emphasizing speaking, listening, reading, and writing. Two (2) units of American Sign Language may be used to satisfy this requirement.
7. Applicants must provide evidence of lawful presence in the United States to qualify for in-state tuition classification. *Students who are International or are considered undocumented must submit a Lawful Presence Opt-Out form verifying that they understand they will be charged out of state tuition.
8. Transfer students must have 30 hours and be able to return to sending institution.
9. Must have transient permission letter (if applicable)
10. Must have completed pre-requisite courses, if applicable.