Doctor of Education in Curriculum and Leadership-Higher Education Administration Track
With the present climate of accountability, there is a substantial demand for educators who have a high level of expertise in school improvement, professional learning, and educational research. Educators who work with various student populations should be able to identify current needs, examine or explore those needs, and implement practices and/or policies based on empirical literature to improve those needs. The College of Education and Health Professions at Columbus State University is committed to developing this level of expertise through the Doctor of Education in Curriculum and Leadership Program. The EdD Program offers three specialization program tracks: (1) Curriculum, (2) Educational Leadership, and (3) Higher Education Administration.
The Higher Education Administration program track follows a cohort model implemented through synchronous and asynchronous online instruction. Courses in the 63-credit hour, doctoral program are intended for school administrators and other individuals seeking professional expertise in higher education administration.
Additional program information can be found on the CSU Department of Counseling, Foundations, and Leadership website.
Admissions decisions are based on a holistic combination of criteria, including the interview, writing assessment, recommendations, professional experiences and academic transcripts.
- Applicant must hold at least a master’s degree from an accredited United States institution, or the equivalent from an international institution.
- Good academic standing at previous institution(s).
- Cumulative GPA of at least 3.5 on all graduate course work at an accredited United States institution in fulfillment of the requirement for a graduate degree and post-baccalaureate coursework.
- Four (4) years of experience in a school setting or in a leadership role in the private sector shown by completing the Teaching Experience Form.
- Background check to verify no criminal record or discharge from the armed services that would prevent recommendation for related teacher, counseling, or leadership certifications.
- Statement of Purpose
- Two (2) professional letters of recommendation.
- Successful completion of interview and timed writing assessment. For international students, additional criteria may be required. See International Graduate Admissions for more details.