Bachelor of Science in Nursing, RN to BSN Completion Program
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree completion track provides career advancement opportunities for Registered Nurses who hold an associate degree or diploma in nursing and are interested in advancing their nursing career. At Clayton State University, you can continue your education while you continue to work. Study at home, but not alone—through this distance learning program which includes full or part-time progression. Choose an open enrollment, adult learner friendly to expand your professional practice in the rapidly changing world of healthcare delivery in as little as one year. Coursework includes professional issues, health assessment, interactive communication, leadership and management and research. Complete an individualized 90-hour clinical practicum that encompasses community, leadership and education experiences. Graduates are prepared to practice in diverse health care settings, including hospitals, homes, clinics, hospice, industry, and community.
Minimum admission requirements include (details on the School of Nursing website):
- Unrestricted current nursing licensure in the United States or eligibility for licensure.
- College grade point average (GPA) of 2.00 on 4.00 scale.
- Completion of 45 semester hours of BSN core curriculum with grades of C (or K or S) or better in all-natural and behavioral science, math, and Area F courses at the time of application and 60 semester hours at the time of enrollment in the nursing program.
- Successful completion of the legislative requirements.
- Eligible for clearance on a criminal background check and drug screening.
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education