Tier-I Certification-only Program in Educational Leadership
The Tier-1 Certification-only in Leadership with a concentration in School Administration is available as a completely online program at Augusta University. The performance-based program consists of 21 semester hours of graduate credit. The degree may be completed in three consecutive semesters.
Educators who complete the program will be eligible for Tier One Leadership Certification in the State of Georgia.
Candidates in the online program will be provided opportunities to link practice to theoretical and philosophical frameworks of educational leadership, in the context of practice.
Note: If you live outside the state of Georgia please verify that the online program is authorized in the state you reside.
General Admissions Requirements / Information:
All applicants must possess a valid, level 5 or higher, Induction, Professional, Advanced Professional, or Lead Professional teaching certificate, Leadership certificate, Service Field certificate, or Life certificate.
Minimum Degree Requirement: Minimum of a Master’s degree from an accredited program and an accredited college or university. To be used to satisfy degree requirements, evaluation of foreign educational transcripts must show degree earned that is the U.S. equivalent of degree required by the program.
GPA: Minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA at the Baccalaureate level (Baccalaureate need not be in education) and 3.0 cumulative GPA at the Master’s level, calculated on all course work attempted in which letter grades were awarded.
Degree and Certification Requirements: All applicants must possess a Master’s degree and a valid level 5 or higher educator certificate.
GACE Exam Requirements
• Candidates enrolled in any GaPSC approved Educational Leadership program must have completed (do not have to pass) the Georgia Ethics for Educational Leadership Assessment – Program Entry (Test 370) prior to enrollment.
• Candidates enrolled in any GaPSC approved Educational Leadership program, must attempt Educational Leadership GACE (Test 301) prior to program completion and must pass the assessment to obtain an Educational Leadership Tier I Certificate.
• Candidates completing any GaPSC-approved Educational Leadership program must attempt the Georgia Ethics for Educational Leadership-Program Exit (Test 380) prior to completion and must pass the assessment to earn certification in the field of Educational Leadership.
Official Transcripts: Official transcripts are required from all universities and colleges ever attended. Only in the case of transcripts from international colleges/universities will an official course-by-course transcript evaluation be accepted in lieu of an official transcript. Official transcripts should be sent to Augusta University's Office of Academic Admissions.
Recommendations: From three individuals are required. Referees should be professionals qualified to critically assess the applicant's prior academic, employment, research and/or clinical experiences, and qualifications (as applicable) as well as the applicant's potential as a graduate student in the field/program selected.
Proof of Lawful Presence: Acceptance to the Augusta University is conditional until lawful presence is verified.
Background Check: A clear criminal background record is required.
Liability Insurance: Applicants must have the required liability insurance (2-year minimum).
Application Information for International Students:
• International applicant, who are not working with any United States educational agency aboard, cannot seek Georgia Educational Leadership certification at the completion of this program. However, the applicant will earn a Degree or Certificate of completion from Augusta University upon successful completion of the program.
• International applicants are required to submit official course-by-course transcript evaluation through an accredited international transcript evaluating agency acceptable to Augusta University. Visit https://www.augusta.edu/admiss... for list of acceptable agencies.