Associate of Arts, Core Curriculum-Sociology Advising Pathway
Sociology is the scientific study of human groups and group life. Sociologists search for answers to many provoking questions.
- Why do couples quarrel?
- What are the conditions for a stable family?
- How are the elderly treated?
- Who rules what and why?
- Why is there so much poverty?
- What role does the military play?
- Do all peoples have the same access to the means of production?
- What effect do levels of inequality have on children?
Sociologists understand that lives do not happen in a vacuum but that influences exist and have impact. As such, students of sociology are encouraged to ‘think outside the box’, identifying and appreciating these influences.Please remove. No longer offered.