Masters of Education with a Major in Educational Leadership
The graduate program in Educational Leadership leads to a Master's Degree and Tier I Certification in Leadership. The M.Ed. planned degree program lists a minimum of 33 semester hours of coursework and clinical experience to be completed within six years from the date of enrollment. A maximum of nine semester hours may be earned as transfer credits. These credits must be indicated on the student's planned program during the first semester of enrollment as a graduate student admitted in full status. Students are expected to confer with their advisor each semester. They should complete and sign the planned program with their advisor. In advance of the expected date of graduation, the student is expected to apply for graduation with the Office of the Registrar, as well as a certificate upgrade in the education office.
Both degree & certification-only Tier I Leadership Programs prepare candidates for advanced leadership positions that include P-12 school-level positions below the principal and district-level positions that do not supervise principals. This preparation leads to a Master’s in Educational Leadership and a Standard Professional Tier I certificate in the state of Georgia.
The candidate must have:
- 2.5 minimum overall undergraduate grade point average (GPA).
- 3.0 minimum cumulative graduate grade point average
- Initial teaching certification. (Applicants without initial Georgia Certification must complete additional requirements).
- Three letters of recommendation with one from the immediate supervisor.
- Three years of educational experience.
- Evidence of successful completion of GACE Program Admission, usually satisfied with initial certificate. (Applicant’s not meeting this requirement will be admitted provisionally and required to satisfy the requirement during their first semester of enrollment)
- Evidence of the GA Ethics for Educational Leadership Assessment Entry Examination (370). (Applicants not meeting this requirement will be admitted provisionally and required to satisfy the requirement during their first semester of enrollment)
- Evidence of meeting special education requirements. (Applicants not meeting this requirement will be admitted provisionally and required to satisfy the requirement during their first semester of enrollment).
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education
Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation