Associate of Arts, Core Curriculum - Sociology Advising Pathway
Sociology is the scientific study of human groups and group life. Sociologists search for answers to many provoking questions.
- Why do couples quarrel?
- What are the conditions for a stable family?
- How are the elderly treated?
- Who rules what and why?
- Why is there so much poverty?
- What role does the military play?
- Do all peoples have the same access to the means of production?
- What effect do levels of inequality have on children?
Sociologists understand that lives do not happen in a vacuum but that influences exist and have an impact. As such, students of sociology are encouraged to "think outside the box", identifying and appreciating these influences. Please remove. No longer offered.