Complete a self-assessment to discover if online learning is right for you.
Distance education presents its own unique advantages:
- Flexibility for those with families, jobs, or other time commitments
- Convenience of being able to work anywhere, anytime
- You will build more personal accountability for your work
- You will have access to and learn new technology
But, distance education also brings a new set of challenges to overcome:
- Distraction comes easily and you might lose track of coursework
- You will need to provide a reliable working environment, including a computer and access to Internet.
Before signing up for an online course or program, consider this:
- Check requirements before applying for a course or program; online courses often have specific technical needs and prerequisites
- Be aware of class format: some classes may require physical presence for exams, while others may use a combination of online teaching and another method, such as videos